Remake the Statue of Liberty using Playdoh (or Airdry Clay) to pay tribute to American women in history who have fought for liberty.
1. Read or listen to children's books about the statue of liberty and the women your child wants to depict.
2. Print out a photograph of the statue of liberty.
3. Gather clay or playdoh for making your figure.
4. Select a woman to sculpt. Listen to or read some children's books about her. Print out a picture of her for reference.
5. Make your statue.
5. Lay the statue on top of the photograph and take a picture.
Ideas of Women were found in the book Ladies For Liberty: Women Who Made a Difference in American History by John Blunell
Anne Hutchinson, Mercy Otis Warren, Martha Washington, Abigail Adams, The Grimke Sisters, Sojourner Truth, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Clara Barton, Harriet Tubman, Bina west Miller, Madame C.J. Walker, Laura Ingalls Wilder and Rose Wilder Lane, Alice Paul, Isabel Paterson, Lila Wallace, Vivien Kellems, Taylor Caldwell, Clare Boothe Luce, Rose Friedman, Rosa Parks, Jane Jacobs, Dorian Fisher, Mildred Loving