These portraits are inspired by the artworks of Tschabalala Self.
1. Gather a thick paper or bristal board, pieces of colored paper for the background, and patterned papers, such as scrapbook papers, patterns from clothes in catalogues, magazines, origami papers, etc.
2. Precut the patterned papers in mostly rounded, organic forms (as opposed to rectangular sharp edged ones).
3. Children should draw a line drawing that represents a version of them "self". They might "draw a shape that represents you" as mentioned in this video.
4. The children can now collage the scraps of paper inside the line drawing.
5. Cover the final collage with ModPodge.