Create a climbing firefighter to pay tribute to female firefighters, such as Molly Williams. (idea for the project inspired by this Project Idea: Climbing Firefighter)
1. Read books on female firefighters. Look at artwork featuring female firefighters.
2. Create the ladder using 2 popsicle sticks and folded black paper. Use a glue gun to glue the popsicles sticks to the ladder.
3. Use watercolor or other paint to paint fire.
4. Print out a picture of your firefighter or draw one.
5. Attach two cut pieces of straws to the back with scotch tape.
6. Find some string or yarn.
7. Loop the string over a handle of a cupboard. Tape the fire images onto the wall. Hang the ladder on the cupboard door over the fire images. Slide the yarn through the two straws. Pull one side of the yarn at a time and watch your firefighter climb.