Make a collage using photographs of historical women mail carriers that can be mailed through the post office. Start by listening to some of the books listed below.
Female Mail Carriers in History
Female Collage Artists for Inspiration
Make a small mixed-media collage that can be mailed in an envelope through the post office. Look at some female collage artists' work to determine criteria to help create boundaries for your child. The criteria that I decided upon are that the collage should include all of the following:
1) cut pieces of solid colored paper,
2) black and white printed photographs of the mail carrier
(Mary Fields, in this case),
3) part of the black and white photos should be folded somehow,
4) include part of a magazine image,
5) add stickers or washi tape, and
6) color some parts of the collage with markers or paint.